Kerry is 6 years old. She looks after her mum who is very poorly. She is seen as a young carer by society. They live on benefits and some days Kerry can’t get to school as her mum is too poorly to get out of bed. Kerry does the best she can but what more can she do? She is only six years old.
She is too young to join a young carers group, and even if she did, how is meeting other young carers once a week going to improve her situation? What Kerry needs is a fundamental change. What Kerry really needs is the right support for her mum!
DPN is a small national user-led charity who are here to support Parents with a disability or long term health condition. DPN provides advice, support and information which helps disabled parents and those who work with them enable them to know their rights and get the right support for them.
All our information is free to disabled parents. With DPN’s support Kerry’s mum has got a support package in place with a personal budget that suits her needs and supports her in her parenting role.
Kerry is free to reclaim her childhood and has even had a couple of friends back for tea. Kerry has the chance of a normal childhood. Thank goodness for DPN!
You can really make a difference by helping to financially support us. Every penny will make a difference and go directly to helping supporting parents with a disability or long term health condition. If you feel you would like to help, there are several ways you can do this:
- Make a donation using PayPal. Just click the link in the sidebar.
- Send a cheque or postal order made payable to “Disabled Parents Network” and post to Poynters House, Poytners Road, Dunstable, Beds, LU5 4TP
- Use Give as you Live when you shop online. With Give as you Live, thousands of brands including Amazon, Play.com, John Lewis and Expedia have signed up to donate a percentage of every purchase you make online to us. All at no cost to you and at no cost to us!
The average shopper will raise £2.10 per month through what they already buy online. On top of that, DPN will receive an additional £5 once you spend £10 or more through Give as you Live..
Just click the link or click here to discover Give as you Live today. Please pass this message on!
- Use EveryClick to search the web. Just click the link and every time you search the web you will automatically raise funds for DPN.
- Donate some of your E-Bay profit to DPN. When selling goods on Ebay, choose to donate a percentage or all of your profit to DPN. When you list your item, please use the ‘Advanced Sell’ option and click on “select another charity”. Then just write in “Disabled Parents Network”. This will ensure that your sales will be sent directly to us.
- Just text us to donate! Choose any amount from £1 upwards and text “DPNS12” and the amount you wish to donate (for example if you wanted to donate £5 you would text “DPNS12£5”). Send your text to 70070 and you have donated directly to us!
Thank you so much for your generosity. We couldn’t survive without your help!